Runners and Running Injuries in Schaumburg
Our Approach and what to expect for your first visit
We will start by having you fill out our Health Questionnaire where you will have a chance to tell your story and tell us more about your running goals and any running injuries or challenges. You will fill out the health questionnaire from the comfort of your own home prior to your first visit
- We will then invite you to our office where we will review your questionnaire.
- Our focus will be on listening to your story and performing an exam and/or ordering any necessary tests. We will explore the causes of your running injuries or challenges.
- Gait analysis and analysis of your running
- First Treatment Session - If appropriate you will have your first treatment session. We will discuss the purpose of today's treatment and answer any questions you may have.
- Schedule for second visit - We will schedule your next session where we will discuss in more detail treatment options, length of care and treatment recommendations.
- Our office will verify your insurance coverage and develop a treatment recommendation tying in your health concerns and goals.
- Our focus will be on answering your questions, discussing treatment recommendations, and insurance costs and insurance coverage.
- Cost and/or insurance coverage - We will discuss your insurance coverage and/or cost and discuss payment options.
We will explore and discuss treatment options which may include:
Soft Tissue/Manual Therapy
Core strengthening and Balance exercises
Posture Correction and Corrective Exercises
Electrical Muscle Stimulation
Home Exercises and Stretches
Functional Rehabilitation Exercise
Want to learn more about options for running and running injuries please call (847) 884-8488.
Meet the Chiropractor
About our Therapy Services:
- Mckenzie Therapy/Method Trained
- Kinesiotape (Kinesiology Tape)
- Posture Correction
- Core Exercises
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Soft Tissue Therapy
- Home Exercises and Stretches
- Functional Rehabilitation Exercises
A Chiropractor Experienced in working with Runners and Running Related Injuries
Can Chiropractors in Schaumburg help runners or help with running injuries?
As an avid runner Dr. Martinez has a special focus in treating runner's and running related sport injuries which may include: plantar fascitiis, runner's knee, patellar tendinitis, foot pain, knee pain, and ankle pain.
In addition to gentle chiropractic care we also provide flexion distraction in our office using gentle traction and motion that can help provide relief due to irritated discs, nerves or joints in the spine which may be beneficial for arthritis, herniated or bulging discs, spinal stenosis, sciatica, lower back pain, and irritated nerves ("pinched nerves").
Beyond the Spine: Treatment for Extremity Issues
Can Chiropractic care help with conditions other then the spine? Can Chiropractors help with Shoulder, Arm, Hand, Elbow, or Knee pain?
In addition to spinal care, Dr. Martinez is also trained and proficient in treating with "extremity" issues using chiropractic care such as shoulder pain, rotator cuff injuries, knee pain, elbow pain and wrist pain through the use of gentle Chiropractic extremity adjustments.
Please see below to learn more about Chiropractic care in Schaumburg, and near suburbs surrounding Schaumburg such as Palatine, Barrington and Hoffman Estates. Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
Home Exercises and our Extensive Library of Videos:
Many times you will be sent home with a list of exercises that can be performed at home after your first appointment visit.
We have an extensive library of videos that may be useful for you.
At Tri Modern Health we pride ourselves in offering our patients the latest technologies to help you achieve your outcomes. To create your tailored exercise programs we use a brand new app called PhysiApp. PhysiApp lets you complete your prescribed exercise program by following narrated exercise videos.
PhysiApp is completely free to download from the App store and Google Play store or can be accessed via your browser. Built-in reminders help you to stay on track towards a better you!
Below is a sample of videos that may be given to a patient as part of their corrective care plan:
If you are a patient please use this link to Log on to your account:
Please download this PDF to get detailed instructions on how to use your Physitrack Account: DOWNLOAD PDF
In addition to corrective exercises we also offer the following therapies:
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation - our Schaumburg offers Electrical Muscle Stimulation as well as Therapeutic ultrasound.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Kinesiology Tape in Schaumburg- Please call our office if you are looking for a practitioner that offers "Kinesiotape" in Schaumburg or near Schaumburg. Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
Corrective Exercise and Therapy Services in Schaumburg
- Mckenzie Method Trained Chiropractor in Schaumburg- Mechanical disc reduction therapy. Dr. Martinez is trained in Mckenzie Method of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar regions of the spine. Mckenzie Method therapy exercises consists of an analysis and specific exercises that are utilized to help improve pain and symptoms related to sciatica, lumbar disc herniations/bulges ("slipped discs"), numbness and/or tingling in the hands or feet, headaches, and "pinched nerves." Dr. Hector Martinez is a Mckenzie Method trained Chiropractor in Schaumburg please call (847) 884-8488.
- Posture Correction in Schaumburg- Through chiropractic care, corrective exercises, and "posture cues" we may be able to help improve your posture. We will provide specific exercise and stretches that are designed to improve the the balance between the muscles that help to maintain a healthy posture while incorporating chiropractic care as part. If you live near Schaumburg or surrounding suburbs near Schaumburg such as Hoffman Estates, Palatine, Barrington, Roselle, or Hanover Park and you are interested in how Chiropractic care may help with posture correction please give our office a call.
- Functional Rehabilitation- Functional rehabilitation focuses on traditional physical therapy techniques, such as strength and flexibility. There is an emphasis on proprioceptive and kinesthetic training, muscle activation, and other techniques that reduce the risk of recurring injuries. It helps to reduce healing time when combined with chiropractic care.
- Soft Tissue Therapy- Soft tissue therapy is a hands-on approach to increase blood circulation, reduce swelling, increase range of motion, relax muscles, and decrease pain. It helps to reduce healing time when combined with chiropractic care.
What service are you looking for?
Services offered at Tri Modern Health include Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Prenatal and Pediatric Chiropractic, and Physical Therapy.
Click below to learn more about each service.
Our office is currently open
We are Accepting New Patients
Please call the office to schedule your appointment for further details and instructions.
At this time we are not able to accept walk in appointments.
Monday: 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
Tuesday: 3:00 pm-5:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
Friday: CLOSED Saturday: 8:30 am-11:00 am