Corrective Exercises and Therapy in Hoffman Estates
We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These corrective exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles and connective tissues can be out of place or strained by improper alignment. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health.
Chiropractors are NOT physical therapists but in some states are able to perform and are trained in exercises, stretching and other forms of physical therapy. In our Hoffman Estates office we have a strong focus in corrective exercises and therapy for the spine but we also may be able to help you with conditions such as shoulder pain, elbow pain, knee pain, and headaches.
Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
About our Therapy Services:
- Mckenzie Therapy/Method Trained
- Kinesiotape (Kinesiology Tape)
- Posture Correction
- Core Exercises
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Soft Tissue Therapy
- Home Exercises and Stretches
- Functional Rehabilitation Exercises
Home Exercises and our Extensive Library of Videos:
Many times you will be sent home with a list of exercises that can be performed at home after your first appointment visit.
We have an extensive library of videos that may be useful for you.
At Tri Modern Health we pride ourselves in offering our patients the latest technologies to help you achieve your outcomes. To create your tailored exercise programs we use a brand new app called PhysiApp. PhysiApp lets you complete your prescribed exercise program by following narrated exercise videos.
PhysiApp is completely free to download from the App store and Google Play store or can be accessed via your browser. Built-in reminders help you to stay on track towards a better you!
Below is a sample of videos that may be given to a patient as part of their corrective care plan:
If you are a patient please use this link to Log on to your account:
Please download this PDF to get detailed instructions on how to use your Physitrack Account: DOWNLOAD PDF
In addition to corrective exercises we also offer the following therapies:
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation - our Hoffman Estates offers Electrical Muscle Stimulation as well as Therapeutic ultrasound.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Kinesiology Tape in Hoffman Estates- Please call our office if you are looking for a practitioner that offers "Kinesiotape" in Hoffman Estates or near Hoffman Estates. Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
Corrective Exercise and Therapy Services in Hoffman Estates
- Mckenzie Method Trained Chiropractor in Hoffman Estates- Mechanical disc reduction therapy. Dr. Martinez is trained in Mckenzie Method of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar regions of the spine. Mckenzie Method therapy exercises consists of an analysis and specific exercises that are utilized to help improve pain and symptoms related to sciatica, lumbar disc herniations/bulges ("slipped discs"), numbness and/or tingling in the hands or feet, headaches, and "pinched nerves." Dr. Hector Martinez is a Mckenzie Method trained Chiropractor in Hoffman Estates please call (847) 884-8488.
- Posture Correction in Hoffman Estates- Through chiropractic care, corrective exercises, and "posture cues" we may be able to help improve your posture. We will provide specific exercise and stretches that are designed to improve the the balance between the muscles that help to maintain a healthy posture while incorporating chiropractic care as part. If you live near Hoffman Estates or surrounding suburbs near Hoffman Estates such as Hoffman Estates, Palatine, Barrington, Roselle, or Hanover Park and you are interested in how Chiropractic care may help with posture correction please give our office a call.
- Functional Rehabilitation- Functional rehabilitation focuses on traditional physical therapy techniques, such as strength and flexibility. There is an emphasis on proprioceptive and kinesthetic training, muscle activation, and other techniques that reduce the risk of recurring injuries. It helps to reduce healing time when combined with chiropractic care.
- Soft Tissue Therapy- Soft tissue therapy is a
hands-on approach to
increase blood circulation, reduce swelling, increase range of motion, relax muscles, and decrease pain. It helps to reduce healing time when combined with chiropractic care.
Telehealth Physical Therapy Services available in Hoffman Estates
For those patients who wish to continue there care without from the comfort of their own home/office we are now able to offer Telehealth Physical Therapy Services.
From the comfort of your own home we may offer the following:
- Physical Therapy Telehealth services
- Wellness Telehealth Services
- Nutritional Telehealth Services
- Exercise and Stretching recommendations
- Home exercise program and recommendations
Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
To learn more about Telehealth services please CLICK HERE.
Here are a few Testimonials about our Exercise and Stretching Programs
I had a very positive experience working with Dr. Martinez at Tri Modern Health. I started getting headaches that I think were stress induced during my third year of teaching. My headaches were debilitating and I could feel my level of teaching was being threatened. I was sad and upset about this. During my first visit to Dr. Martinez, I was so impressed by his attentive listening. He focused in on what I was saying, made eye contact with me, gathered all the necessary information and truly listened, an experience I have not had with other doctors. Dr. Martinez adjusted and massaged the necessary areas to give me relief. Together, we even discussed other stress reducing activities. I was able to perform my job with renewed energy and focus, which I know would not have been achieved without help from Dr. Martinez. I would encourage anyone with headaches to try chiropractic techniques for relief. My only regret is waiting as long as I did to make the call for help. Alex R.
Hip Pain Relief
"I can not say enough good things aboutTri Modern Health. In August 2015 I injured my hip while hiking. I spent six weeks icing, resting and taking ibuprofen with no results. I made an appointment with Dr Martinez. After a detailed history and testing Dr Martinez came up with a treatment plan specific to my injury, including manipulation, ultrasound, massage, acupuncture and physical therapy. After following through with his treatment plan I was able to resume my normal routine. Best of all I was able to participate in all the activities I had scheduled for my Alaskan hiking adventure. Now I am able to be the active person I want to be PAIN FREE! Without Dr Martinez's expertise I am unsure if I would have been able to continue working and enjoying life to the fullest. I would highly encourage anyone who is unsure about using chiropractic services to contact Dr Martinez to arrange a consultation” Terry R.
"Dr. Martinez saved me after I spent weeks trying to deny that I was struggling with back pain. I let it get to the point where I couldn't sit or walk upright. Very last minute and in tons of pain, I called Dr. Martinez to get an appointment. He went above and beyond my expectations. Not only did he ensure that I was seen immediately, but he also realized and treated my issue right away. I felt so comfortable, respected and safe working with Dr. Martinez. His honest, approachable personality made asking for help, which is pretty hard for me at times, easy. Thank you, Dr. Martinez. I will recommend you to anyone and everyone I know."
- Shannon G.
"Dr Martinez has helped me a lot with my Lower back pain as well
as some other areas. He also gives advice about lifestyle and
exercises. He's always open to questions and tries to make you feel
comfortable all the time."
- Lerrin J.
"I went to Tri Modern Health due to a strained lower back. Dr
Martinez asked me about my health and life style, sporting
activities, etc. He adjusted my back and gave me a series of
exercises to strengthen my lower back and also to stretch it. I am
feeling 100% better thanks to his excellent advice and experience
- Gerry D.