Corrective Exercises and Therapies
We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These corrective exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles and connective tissues can be out of place or strained by improper alignment. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health.
Chiropractors are NOT physical therapists but in some states are able to perform and are trained in exercises, stretching and other forms of physical therapy. In our Schaumburg office we have a strong focus in corrective exercises and therapy for the spine but we also may be able to help you with conditions such as shoulder pain, elbow pain, knee pain, and headaches.
Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
Corrective Exercise and Therapy Services in Schaumburg
- Posture Correction in Schaumburg- Through chiropractic care and corrective exercises we may be able to help improve your posture. Specific exercise and stretches are designed to improve the the balance between the muscles that help to maintain a healthy posture. If you live near Schaumburg or surrounding suburbs near Schaumburg such as Hoffman Estates, Palatine, Barrington, Roselle, or Hanover Park and you are interested in how Chiropractic care may help with posture correction please give our office a call.
- Mckenzie Method Trained Chiropractor in Schaumburg- Mechanical disc reduction therapy. Dr. Martinez is trained in Mckenzie Method of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar regions of the spine. Mckenzie Method therapy exercises consists of an analysis and specific exercises that are utilized to help improve pain and symptoms related to sciatica, lumbar disc herniations/bulges ("slipped discs"), numbness and/or tingling in the hands or feet, headaches, and "pinched nerves." Dr. Hector Martinez is a Mckenzie Method trained Chiropractor in Schaumburg.
- Functional Rehabilitation- Functional rehabilitation focuses on traditional physical therapy techniques, such as strength and flexibility. There is an emphasis on proprioceptive and kinesthetic training, muscle activation, and other techniques that reduce the risk of recurring injuries. It helps to reduce healing time when combined with chiropractic care.
- Soft Tissue Therapy- Soft tissue therapy is a hands-on approach to
increase blood circulation, reduce swelling, increase range of motion, relax muscles, and decrease pain. It helps to reduce healing time when combined with chiropractic care.
Home Exercises and our Extensive Library of Videos:
Many times you will be sent home with a list of exercises that can be performed at home after your first appointment visit.
We have an extensive library of videos that may be useful for you.
Posture Correction in Schaumburg- Through chiropractic care, corrective exercises, and "posture cues" we may be able to help improve your posture. We will provide specific exercise and stretches that are designed to improve the the balance between the muscles that help to maintain a healthy posture while incorporating chiropractic care as part.
In addition to corrective exercises we also offer the following therapies:
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation our Schaumburg offers Electrical Muscle Stimulation as well as Therapeutic ultrasound.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Kinesiology Tape - Please call our office if you are looking for a practitioner that offers Kinesiology tape in Schaumburg or near Schaumburg. Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
Here are a few Testimonials about our Corrective Exercise services:
"Dr. Martinez saved me after I spent weeks trying to deny that I was struggling with back pain. I let it get to the point where I couldn't sit or walk upright. Very last minute and in tons of pain, I called Dr. Martinez to get an appointment. He went above and beyond my expectations. Not only did he ensure that I was seen immediately, but he also realized and treated my issue right away. I felt so comfortable, respected and safe working with Dr. Martinez. His honest, approachable personality made asking for help, which is pretty hard for me at times, easy. Thank you, Dr. Martinez. I will recommend you to anyone and everyone I know."
- Shannon G.
"Dr Martinez has helped me a lot with my Lower back pain as well as some other areas. He also gives advice about lifestyle and exercises. He's always open to questions and tries to make you feel comfortable all the time."
- Lerrin J.
"I went to Tri Modern Health due to a strained lower back. Dr Martinez asked me about my health and life style, sporting activities, etc. He adjusted my back and gave me a series of exercises to strengthen my lower back and also to stretch it. I am feeling 100% better thanks to his excellent advice and experience !"
- Gerry D.