Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
What to expect on your first Acupuncture visit:
The goal of Acupuncture is to understand the patterns of disease of the individual at the time of examination. During your initial visit we will assess your physical condition, by identifying symptoms, uncovering your medical history and any external factors that may impact your health and well-being, through an extended interview.
How does Acupuncture work:
Small needles are inserted into the top layer of the skin in order to restore balance, decrease pain, and promote health within the body.
Restoration occurs by allowing the body's natural energy, "Qi," to flow freely. With stimulation of specific acupuncture points in the skin,
energy flows, allowing the body to heal faster. In Western medicine, the needles are seen as an external stimulus that the body responds to by increasing blood flow to an area. The blood transports oxygen, nutrients,and other biochemicals to increase healing in the body.
This therapy works in conjunction with chiropractic adjustments to help treat musculoskeletal and other conditions.
Our Acupuncture treatment room is warm and inviting with soothing music and relaxing essential oils when appropriate. Please call our office to learn more about acupuncture and to discover if it's right for you.
What makes our Acupuncture services different:
- We use soothing relaxing music or music of your choice
- You have the option of using relaxing essential oils (When appropriate. Please discuss this with our doctor during your appointment).
- We have two Acupuncture treatment rooms
- We offer "Electro-Acupuncture" - an alternative to acupuncture needles (read more below).
- Testimonials: Scroll down below to see what others are saying about our Acupuncture services.
- For Payment options and insurance coverage click here
- See our Reviews and Testimonials click here
- Frequently asked questions click here
- Office Tour Office Tour
Is Acupuncture right for you?
Please call our Schaumburg office at (847) 884-8488 to discuss if Acupuncture is right for you. We would be happy to answer your questions as best as we can.
Our holistic wellness center includes acupuncture care in Schaumburg performed by a chiropractor. Acupuncture may be beneficial for common conditions such as headaches, migraines, back pain, neck pain, morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidarum, infertility, weight loss, smoking cessation, nausea during pregnancy, chronic pain and arthritis. Please call our office to learn more about acupuncture therapy in Schaumburg and surrounding suburbs near Schaumburg such as Palatine, Hanover Park, Roselle, Barrington, Bartlett, Streamwood, Elk Grove, and Hoffman Estates
What to expect on your first Acupuncture visit?
- Wear loose fitting clothing
- Upon arrival you will be warmly greeted by our Staff and/or Doctor.
- Allow approximately 1 hour for your FIRST VISIT
- Arrive 15 minutes early to fill out necessary paperwork. To speed the process you may download our new patient paperwork HERE.
- Health history and consultation - We will sit down with you and discuss your health history, health goals, and recommend and/or perform additional tests and/or exams.
- We may observe your pulse, tongue and also palpate (feel) certain Acupuncture points.
- Discuss treatment options, length of care and treatment recommendations.
- Acupuncture Treatment - with your consent we will start your Acupuncture treatment.
- Schedule follow up visits - Please allow 30 minutes for each follow up Acupuncture session.
Does Acupuncture work and how long will it take for my Acupuncture treatment take for me to notice changes?
There are a variety of factors that affect how quickly you will start to feel improvement from your Acupuncture sessions. Things that may affect your response are (this is not an exhaustive list):
- How long you have had your symptoms/health problem
- Your general health
- Your diet, exercise habits, sleep habits, and lifestyle
- You may improve your response to Acupuncture treatment by remaining consistent with your Acupuncture sessions.
Schaumburg Chiropractor | Tri Modern Health | (847) 884-8488
110 W Hillcrest Blvd., Suite 103 Schaumburg, IL 60195
"Electro-Acupuncture" in Schaumburg (847) 884-8488
For patients that want a different alternative to acupuncture needles our office does offer other options that stimulate acupuncture points without the use of needles.
Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
What are some common conditions where acupuncture may be beneficial and that we see at Tri Modern Health
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis of the Knee and Hip)
- Chronic Pain
- Weight Loss (Acupuncture for weight loss)
- Smoking Cessation (Acupuncture to help quit smoking)
- Morning Sickness due to pregnancy (hyperemesis gravidarum)
- Neck and Lower Back Pain
- Headaches (Migraines and Tension Headaches)
- Anxiety and Stress
- Insomnia and/or Fatigue
- Digestive Issues
- Menopause Symptoms (hot flashes)
- Joint Pain (Neck Pain, Back Pain, Knee Pain, Sciatica, Shoulder Pain,
- Pain related to Disc Bulges or Herniated discs
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Elbow Pain (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Chronic Lower Back Pain
Acupuncture Therapy during Pregnancy in Schaumburg (847) 884-8488
Acupuncture may be beneficial for symptoms that occur during pregnancy such as: headaches, morning sickness, and nausea. To learn more about how Acupuncture therapy may be able to provide support during your pregnancy please call our Schaumburg office.
Does Insurance Cover Acupuncture?
Insurance Coverage for Acupuncture Therapy for in Schaumburg (847) 884-8488
Your specific insurance plan may cover Acupuncture services if medically necessary. It is our experience that Insurance coverage for Acupuncture has expanded over the past several years. We would be happy to discuss your specific insurance coverage for Acupuncture and discuss other payment options with you if necessary. Please call us at (847) 884-8488 during normal business hours to speak with our staff. Electro-Acupuncture is typically not a service that is covered by insurance.
Here are a few Testimonials about our Acupuncture therapy near Schaumburg
"Dr. Martinez has been helping me with pregnancy mood/ anxiety issues using Acupuncture it has been amazing! It took 2 treatments to resolve most of the symptoms. Excellent facility and very professional."
"Acupuncture helped my post partum anxiety significantly! I highly recommend Dr. Martinez !
"I have been going to Dr. Martinez since he opened his practice, about a year ago. This is a full service practice, from acupuncture , adjustments, wellness counseling to physical therapy . He has helped me significantly and has also taught me how my diet affects some of my pain. He listened to my concerns and helped me implement a nutrition and exercise plan to compliment my treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Martinez !!"
"I appreciated the understanding of the problem and maintenance plan Dr. Martinez gave me. I was looking for acupuncture to get some relief from pain in my right arm and shoulder. His treatments and caring approach are much appreciated. Thank You"
"Dr Martinez is excellent. He has helped me immensely have arthritis in my knee his treatment helped so much. I then started acupuncture and am feeling so much better not quite 100% yet. But we are working on getting there"
"I can not say enough good things about Tri Modern Health. In August 2015 I injured my hip while hiking. I spent six weeks icing, resting and taking ibuprofen with no results. I made an appointment with Martinez. After a detailed history and testing Dr Martinezcame up with a treatment plan specific to my injury, including manipulation, ultrasound, massage, acupuncture and physical therapy. After following through with his treatment plan I was able to resume my normal routine. Best of all I was able to participate in all the activities I had scheduled for my Alaskan hiking adventure. Now I am able to be the active person I want to be PAIN FREE! Without Dr Martinez's expertise I am unsure if I would have been able to continue working and enjoying life to the fullest. I would highly encourage anyone who is unsure about using chiropractic services to contact Dr Martinez to arrange a consultation"