Welcome to our page. If you are on this page then you are looking for more information on chiropractic care during your pregnancy (prenatal chiropractic care, perinatal chiropractic care and post natal chiropractic care). Please read below to learn more about prenatal chiropractic care during your pregnancy near Schaumburg and the surrounding area.
The ICPA is an organization that helps train Chiropractors that want to work closely with pregnant and pediatric patients. Dr. Martinez is certified in the Webster Technique, which is a well known Chiropractic technique used to provide prenatal care for pregnancy related back pain.
Q: Can Chiropractic Care help me while I'm pregnant?
The short answer is yes is possible. Chiropractors that have been trained to work with pregnant women may use tables that adjust for a pregnant woman’s body, and they will use techniques that avoid unneeded pressure on the abdomen.
Chiropractic care may help with neck pain, shoulder pain, lower back pain, sciatica, hip pain, tight muscles, and headaches that may occur during your pregnancy.
A chiropractor who is trained in the needs of women who are pregnant will also provide you with exercises and stretches that are safe to use during pregnancy.
Q: What is the Webster Technique?
Chiropractic care in pregnancy is vital to the normal physiological function of both the mother and baby throughout pregnancy and birth. More women and birth providers are discovering the many benefits associated with chiropractic care in pregnancy and recognize this area of expertise through Webster Certification.
• This is a chiropractic treatment that is well known in helping provide back pain relief that may occur during pregnancy.
• The treatment involves a GENTLE Chiropractic adjustment that helps to balance the lower back regions known as the Sacrum, Pelvis (including Sacroiliac Joints) and the lumbar region.
• Sacral subluxation may contribute to difficult labor for the mother (i.e., dystocia), caused by inadequate uterine function, pelvic contraction, and baby mal-presentation. Correction of sacral subluxation may have a positive effect on all of these causes of dystocia.
• In our office we also use various muscle rehab techniques to not only balance the sacrum and pelvis but also the surrounding muscles.
• Balancing the pelvis, sacrum and surrounding muscles may improve uterine function which may improve the ability of the baby to move into a more desirable position for birth. This adjustment involves no external forces on the baby directly, and it is very comfortable and extremely safe. There have been numerous case reports examining this clinical outcome.
• Because we can help balance the pelvis, sacrum, and muscles and joints the lower back the Webster technique may be used on anyone. It is NOT only for pregnancy related back pain
Q: What should I expect from my first visit at Tri Modern Health?
After a thorough consultation and examination we will sit down with you and discuss care options and recommendations.
We have "Pregnancy Pillows" and tables that allow you to lay face down comfortably during your treatment and examination.
In addition, to the Webster Technique and Chiropractic we may also suggest the following care recommendations:
- Exercise and Stretching program specific to your pregnancy
- Muscle Rehab to muscles that may be contributing to your specific symptoms
- Posture and Ergonomic recommendations
Prenatal Chiropractic care in our office is not meant to take the place of medical care from your medical doctor and/or OB-GYN team.
Q: What kind of conditions can Chiropractic care help me with while I'm pregnant?
Chiropractic care may help with the following symptoms that may occur while during pregnancy :
• Shoulder pain and Upper Back Pain
• Neck and Lower Back Pain
• Sacroiliac Joint Pain (SI Joint Pain) and Hip Pain
• Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (Pubic Symphysis Pain)
• Muscle Tension and Tightness