Welcome, if you are on this page then you are looking for more information on Chiropractic care for pregnancy (prenatal care, perinatal care, postnatal care) near Schaumburg, Palatine, Barrington, Hoffman Estates, Roselle, and Bloomingdale. Please continue reading to learn more or call (847) 884-8488. We would be happy to answer any of your questions.
Dr. Hector Martinez, DC, is a Chiropractor certified in the Webster Technique in Schaumburg. The Webster Technique is a well known Chiropractic technique used to provide care for pregnancy related back pain.
Dr. Martinez, DC, has also attended advanced pregnancy related seminars in order to be able to help provide Chiropractic care throughout your pregnancy.
Chiropractic Care for the whole family and Webster Certified Chiropractor in Schaumburg
We offer Chiropractic care for the entire family. We are active members of the International Chiropractic ICPA Pediatric Association (ICPA) is an organization that helps train Chiropractors that want to work closely with pregnant and pediatric patients (chiropractic care for kids, infants, babies, and toddlers). Dr. Hector Martinez, DC, is a Chiropractor certified in the Webster Technique in Schaumburg.
Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
Common Questions about Prenatal Chiropractic care in Schaumburg Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more
At Tri Modern Health we provide Chiropractic care during your pregnancy (perinatal care) and also provide post-natal chiropractic care. Below are common questions about chiropractic care for pregnancy. Common symptoms that occur during pregnancy that we see in our Schaumburg office include: Sciatica, Neck Pain, Lower Back Pain, Headaches, Pubic Symphysis pain (also known as Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction), Sacroiliac Joint Pain, Hip Pain, muscle tension and tightness.
Below are common questions about Chiropractic care for pregnancy near Schaumburg. Please call (847) 884-8488 to learn more.
- Q: Can Chiropractic Care help me while I'm pregnant?
The short answer is yes is possible. Chiropractors that have been trained to work with pregnant women may use tables that adjust for a pregnant woman’s body, and they will use techniques that avoid unneeded pressure on the abdomen.
Chiropractic care may help with neck pain, shoulder pain, lower back pain, sciatica, hip pain, tight muscles, and headaches that may occur during your pregnancy.
A chiropractor who is trained in the needs of women who are pregnant will also provide you with exercises and stretches that are safe to use during pregnancy.
We look forward to meeting you. Please let us know if you have any questions about Chiropractic Care for Pregnancy near Schaumburg, Palatine, Barrington and Hoffman Estates.
- Q: Can Chiropractic care help me after i'm pregnant?
The short answer is yes it is possible. Dr. Martinez, DC, also works with patients after labor and delivery. This is known as Post Partum or Post Natal chiropractic care. Please call our Schaumburg to learn more about Chiropractic care Post -Partum Chiropractic care (post pregnancy).
- Q: What is the Webster Technique?
Chiropractic care in pregnancy is vital to the normal physiological function of both the mother and baby throughout pregnancy and birth. More women and birth providers are discovering the many benefits associated with chiropractic care in pregnancy and recognize this area of expertise through Webster Certification.
• This is a chiropractic treatment that is well known in helping provide back pain relief that may occur during pregnancy.
• The treatment involves a GENTLE Chiropractic adjustment that helps to balance the lower back regions known as the Sacrum, Pelvis (including Sacroiliac Joints) and the lumbar region.
• Sacral subluxation may contribute to difficult labor for the mother (i.e., dystocia), caused by inadequate uterine function, pelvic contraction, and baby mal-presentation. Correction of sacral subluxation may have a positive effect on all of these causes of dystocia.
• In our office we also use various muscle rehab techniques to not only balance the sacrum and pelvis but also the surrounding muscles.
• Balancing the pelvis, sacrum and surrounding muscles may improve uterine function which may improve the ability of the baby to move into a more desirable position for birth. This adjustment involves no external forces on the baby directly, and it is very comfortable and extremely safe. There have been numerous case reports examining this clinical outcome.
• Because we can help balance the pelvis, sacrum, and muscles and joints the lower back the Webster technique may be used on anyone. It is NOT only for pregnancy related back pain
- Q: What should I expect from my first visit at Tri Modern Health?
After a thorough consultation and examination we will sit down with you and discuss care options and recommendations.
We have "Pregnancy Pillows" and tables that allow you to lay face down comfortably during your treatment and examination.
In addition, to the Webster Technique and Chiropractic we may also suggest the following care recommendations:
- Exercise and Stretching program specific to your pregnancy
- Muscle Rehab to muscles that may be contributing to your specific symptoms
- Acupuncture for pregnancy related symptoms.
- Posture Correction and Ergonomic recommendations
Prenatal Chiropractic care in our office is not meant to take the place of medical care from your medical doctor and/or OB-GYN team. While our office currently receives referrals from medical doctors and OB-GYN doctors that does not guarantee care will be covered or approved by your insurance.
Q: What kind of conditions may Chiropractic care help me with while I'm pregnant?
Chiropractic care may help with the following symptoms that may occur while during pregnancy :
• Shoulder pain and Upper Back Pain
• Neck and Lower Back Pain
• Sacroiliac Joint Pain (SI Joint Pain) and Hip Pain
• Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (Pubic Symphysis Pain)
• Muscle Tension and Tightness